The Better Notifications for WordPress Conditional Notifications Add-on allows you to limit certain notifications depending on which categories, tags, post formats, or terms you choose.
You can select single or multiple categories, tags, post formats, or terms but not mixtures of them. It also works great with the Custom Fields add-on.
The notifications you can use this add-on with are:
- New Comment / Awaiting Moderation (Pages, Posts, and Custom Post Types)
- New Trackback
- New Pingback
- Comment Reply (Pages, Posts, and Custom Post Types)
- New Post / Page / Custom Post Type Published
- Post / Page / Custom Post Type Updated
- Post / Page / Custom Post Type Pending Review
- Post / Page / Custom Post Type Scheduled
This add-on should work with any custom post type that is set to ‘public’ (so that it shows in the list of notifications) either created in code, or via another plugin (such as Custom Post Type UI), providing it is created using WordPress standards.
Plugins that utilise custom post types to store their data may work however, this cannot be guaranteed due to the number of plugins available in the WordPress.org Plugin repo.
If you’d like to see a feature or another way of limiting a notification as part of this add-on in the future, please get in touch with your suggestion.